Guilt Free Waffles
Want healthy option to waffles? Why not try Savoury Lentil Waffles. This crispy waffles have a slightly nutty taste. They are completely guild free made with lentils, which has a good amount of protein and can give you a good amount of nutrition that will keep you full for longer. We call it feel good food. Lentils are used a lot in India growing up it has been part of my every day diet. This has inspired me to use lentils in many of my recipes. If you like waffles and you like a healthy option that’s gluten free and vegan then this waffles are what you are looking for. Once you try savoury lentil waffles you will love them. It’s a great alternative recipe to have in your recipe book or app :).
Savoury Lentil Waffles Step by Step
- 1 cup Split Moong Lentils with skin
- 4 cups Water to soak
- 6 Cloves garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- Quarter cup chopped Coriander
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Quarter teaspoon Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Additional 1 cup Water for preparing batter
- Half teaspoon Cumin Powder
- Half teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Wash lentils and soak for two to three hours.
- Once it's soft, drain the water and pressure cook it for 5-7 min or two whistles.
- Remove it from the pressure cooker once it cools completely and add it to a blender. Add lemon juice, Baking Soda, Salt, Garlic Cloves, Ginger, Green chillies, Cumin powder and turmeric powder.
- Add one tablespoon oil.
- Grind the lentils and ingredients in a blender until it forms a coarse batter.
- Brush a little oil on Waffle Iron and pour a laddle full of lentil batter.
- Cook on medium until the batter is cooked and turns golden brown on the outside.
- Serve with chopped onions, Coriander and or Coriander Chutney
- Additionally, you can also brush some raw olive oil while serving when the waffle is piping hot to enhance flavours.
Whilst grinding gradually add water spoon by spoon to achieve the right consistency. Do not add too much water at once. Right consistency for this is coarse paste like mixture and not pourable batter.
If you have any questions leave them down below and I will do my best to get back to you. But if you follow the steps in the recipe you will do great.