Summers are for ice creams! Yay or Nay? 😉
I love desserts in every form but ice creams and popsicles rule my kitchen during these months and I am loving it, to say the least. I created this Raspberry Creme Fraiche no churn ice cream for the very first time and the result was so amazing that whoever I shared this with did not realise it was a ‘no churn’ ice cream until I specifically told them it was.
Choosing the flavours was easy peasy since I wanted to make a berry ice cream and raspberries are one of my favourites. You can, however, replace raspberries with any other berries or seasonal fruit of your choice and I will also be sharing how to make this ice cream if you do not find fresh berries where you live. The addition of creme fraiche together with fresh cream and raspberries worked really well. I was concerned about the sweetness from condensed milk and the sourness of creme fraiche helped cut down the overall sweetness. Now it may be different for you and you might want to add extra sugar but that’s personal choice as I prefer my ice cream to be just subtly sweet and not overpowering other flavours.
Would I recommend no churn ice creams and would I make them again?
Yes, absolutely! I really appreciate how easy preparing this ice cream was and it was just as creamy as any other ice cream! To my surprise no crystalising either. So if you do not have an ice cream maker and are keen on making some ice cream this will totally work. The only downside of this raspberry creme fraiche no churn ice cream was it was melting really away really quick, but that’s okay when you don’t have to fiddle about with a camera to take perfect shots. 😉
I always keep an extra serving of whatever I am clicking by my side so that I don’t drool whilst I am clicking and I can enjoy it at the same time because I don’t have the patience to wait until the photo session is over you know. I am a foodie first! 😛
Things you will need to make Raspberry Creme Fraiche no churn ice cream;
Typically you would only need three things to make a no churn ice cream besides the ingredients of course which are listed below in the recipe.
1). A mixing bowl
2). Hand Mixer or a stand mixer
3). A silicone Spatula
4). Freezer safe container to store your ice cream
Yes, it is that simple!
Here is the recipe for my Raspberry Creme Fraiche no churn ice cream. Hope you make some yourself soon and if you do, please let me know how did it turn out for you! If you have any questions regarding the recipe please post in the comment below and I will be happy to answer! 🙂
- 1 x can of condensed milk
- 100 ml Double Cream
- 100 ml Cream Fraiche
- 300 grams Fresh Raspberries (thick pureed) OR Raspberry Preserve
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Paste or Extract
- ¼ Sugar (optional)
- Take Double Cream and Creme Fraiche in a glass mixing bowl and beat (with a hand mixer) until light and fluffy.
- Add condensed milk, sugar (optional), Vanilla extract or paste, and half of the pureed raspberries and fold everything together with a spatula. (If you do not have fresh berries, replace raspberry puree with raspberry preserve or any other preserve of your choice. Add water (1:1 ratio) to the preserve and heat it until it liquidizes. Make sure you do not over heat).
- Transfer this mixture into a freezer safe bowl.
- Add the remaining raspberry puree or liquidized preserve into the container and gently mix it with the cream mixture to create swirls with the help of two wooden sticks. Do not over mix. You want noticeable pink swirls in white ice cream.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or ideally overnight.
- Scoop Out and enjoy!
Thanks for reading! xx