One pot wonder soup
This Cream of Asparagus soup recipe is one of my favourites when asparagus are in season as it is truly a one pot wonder. It is also a low carb, a healthy and clean recipe which is also quick and easy to make after a long tiring day at work.
It is comfort food in the truest sense without the guilt of overloaded calories. Full of flavours and extremely pleasing to the palates if you are an asparagus fan.
Here is a quick and simple recipe for this indulging cream of asparagus soup;
- 7-8 Fine Asparagus stems
- 1 Small-medium potato finely chopped
- 1 Small chopped onion
- 3 - 4 Cloves of Chopped garlic
- 1 Inch piece of Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped green coriander
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Lime or Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Stems of salad onion for garnishing
- Heat one teaspoon oil in a pan.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic to it.
- Cook until onions become translucent and garlic strat to turn light brown.
- Add finely chopped potato and cook until the potato becomes soft.
- Add asparagus and cook until the asparagus is soft.
- Add chopped green chilli and coriander.
- Add ½ cup water and cook it for further 2-5 minutes.
- Take the pot off heat. Using a hand blender make this into a smooth paste.
- Add 1 cup water to this paste (or as per your desired consistency).
- Add salt and pepper and stir well.
- Squeeze lemon or lime juice of one whole lemon or lime and serve hot.
- Add scallions for garnishing and enjoy with a warm white or brown loaf.