I am obsessed with detoxed water and I am equally obsessed with my infuser bottle from DROPBOTTLE. Since I received this bottle a couple of months ago I have been experimenting with different flavours of water and have come up with several recipes which I will be sharing with you shortly. For now, I would highly recommend that you try this blueberry Lemon detox water.
Here are some secrets for how to achieve the best flavours and attractive coloured water;
- I prick my berries with a toothpick before infusing them to get some colour and juice flowing in the water once infused.
- Roll the lemon in between you palms to soften it before slicing. This will ensure that you get the maximum juice whilst squeezing.
- Finally, add some flowers to your detox water. This will not only look amazing but also fragrant the water lightly.
Few Reasons why I am obsessed with my Dropbottle;
- This is a prime example of fashion meets function. I have an obsession with gold and the gold cap with a transparent body was a winner here. It is such a chic and stylish accessory to have on your office desk!
- I refrained from investing in a detox water bottle until I discovered this BPA-free, glass, double walled bottle. I was only making flavoured water when I was at home where I could store it in a glass decanter and couldn’t carry it around with me. But this changed everything. It is so much convenient to carry around with its double protected wall and a carry handle.
- This bottle has a fine stainless steel infuser which is detachable and hence easy to clean.
- The overall smart look, together with the design and functionality of the dropbottle makes it stand out against others in the market and I had no reason to not buy one for myself.
They caps come in various different colours including a summery peach colour which is my next favourite after gold. Do check out their website here.
Here is the quick step by step recipe for Blueberry Lemon Detox Water;
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 300 ml water
- ½ cup ice
- 1 Lemon
- Edible flowers
- Prick Blueberries with a toothpick and add these to your water bottle.
- Add water to the bottle.
- Roll lemon in between your palm and slice it.
- Squeeze lemon juice from a couple of slices and add the remaining slices to your bottle.
- Add ice and close the cap.
- Refrigerate for about 3-4 hours for best results